Monday 22 September 2008

'VOTE for ABRI' campaign




I'm back peoples. As i was telling y'all , Rami & I were busy working on the artwork for the MTV ARABIA NEW ACT nomination. Well, its finally done. I sketched out my idea, told Rami what i was visualizing and he cranked it out on Photoshop and Illustrator. I think Rami hates me now, i was watching over his shoulder the whole time he was working on the image, i kind of got on his nerves. I can't help it, I'm a perfectionist. But anyways, he did an amazing job of putting it all together (We took the pictures of each other and the instruments at Julian's place, we used an old shot of Dre cause he's up in the UK). I love the fact that the image has got an old school feel to it. I was looking into back-in-the-day USSR political propaganda posters as far as the composition goes but i still wanted to have an urban twang to it, does that make sense? I'm planning on putting this image everywhere; the net, e-mail, t-shirts, flyers (More on all that in a little bit)... you know, just to get some buzz going about the nomination. I would still like to use the image alone later on in the future though. let me know what y'all think.
We are steadily getting some more press. UAE based newspaper gave us a whole page in their paper. Check out the article:
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/08/09/20/10246487.html
Big ups to Gulf news for that.
I will be back quick. I have got a really short video to show y'all next time, so stay tuned.

Peace
Hamdan

No comments: